You don't have to have any outdoor experience to take this trip and you don't need to be a serious cyclist to enjoy the rides available. You don't need to be young or really fit - but this trip has a lot of action at a reasonable pace, and is not designed for couch potatoes. Age and experience is not important. On most days, you don’t have to carry a heavy pack. Every one of the days on the trip will be unforgettable. Some physical preparation is recommended: brisk walking, jogging or cycling a couple of times a week during the month or so before you arrive to enable you to make the most of your trip. It will help if you’re energetic and in reasonable shape. The challenges are there though, if you’re looking for them.
- Up to 6 hrs of physical activity per day.
- At times carrying a backpack of 10 kgs, but sometimes more
- Tracks generally in good condition.
- Altitude gains of up to 600m on harder days
- No hiking experience necessary.
- Reasonable standard of fitness required.